Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This and That

We finally did Emily's friend birthday last Saturday. She wanted a build-a-bear party so I looked into it and set the date. Just an FYI...we did her party including treat bags for less than $100. I figured I spend more money to do a party at home, and this way I don't have to entertain them. The nice build a bear lady does it for me.


Stuffing her monkey

The kids played different games to pass the time while the bears were stuffed. They played ring around the rosie for a while.
Rob and Emily both thought this picture of Kiki's hair was hysterical.
They are rubbing their noses with a heart and making a wish for Emily.
Then they all stuffed them inside her monkey.
No, they aren't praying..they are making a wish to put in their bears.

She's so lucky. How many kids can say they've had a birthday celebration right next to Pronto Pup, out in the middle of the mall. Classy :o)
These are her friends and their new buddies.

*************************************************************************************
I put up a couple links to the money savings sites I look at the most. Hip2save is my favorite but you have to look several times a day because she is constantly posting new things. Today she has already posted six things, some relevant to me and some not, but I always look just in case. So if you are wanting to save a few bucks check them out.

*************************************************************************************
I had bunko Monday night. We have a very diverse group of women but I have so much fun every month. I didn't win(what else is new) but afterward Skye wanted to go for coffee so Skye, Steph, Amanda, Cindy and I went to Starbucks and stayed up way past our bedtime talking about anything and everything. I learn all sorts of new things when I am with them. I have decided that this needs to be at least a monthly thing, but I would be OK with bi-weekly too.
**************************************************************************************
Walgreens had their Quaker instant oatmeal for $1.99 last week. After making three trips and using several coupons I got 11 boxes for $16. A bargain at Walmart is $2.50 a box so I thought I did pretty well.
Kmart has a deal going on... cereal is 5 for $10 but if you buy 5 you get a $5 gift card and if you buy 10 you get a $10 one. So basically it makes it $1 a box. After three transaction and coupons I got 20 boxes of cereal for $17. Less than $1 a box. Sweet. They also are doubling coupons this week so my other great deals were...
suave men's body wash-$0.49
fantastik-$0.69
pantene shampoo-$0.99
scrubbing bubbles flushable bathroom wipes-$1.50
Makes me so happy.
**************************************************************************************
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on the 29Th. I should've had it done a long time ago. 15 years to be exact. Natalie just had hers out and she said it wasn't bad. And she was awake for the whole thing. That's what I am hoping for. Not to be awake but that i won't be bad. You will probably hear a lot of whining between now and then but if you would like to start praying for me now I wouldn't mind.

7 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

I'll start praying for you and your wisdom teeth. I'll be praying you don't get dry socket. I got my wisdom teeth out about 4 years ago and I had dry socket really bad and was in lots of pain. But thats rare and far in between so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I had no idea the build a bear party would be that reasonable. I'm gonna keep that in mind for the future :)

Rob said...

Alisha,

I think you missed the part that Jen has procrastinated for 15 years to get her wisdom teeth pulled and in one comment and reference to dry socket may just justify another 15 year lull.

Dionna said...

After Rob's comment I'm afraid to tell you that Eliseo got dry socket too. But he was also allergic to his vicodin and throwing up. Oh yea - fun days for him.

Kelly said...

I had my wisdom teeth pulled and it was wonderful. More fun than Disneyland at Christmas! You'll love it!
Okay it really wasn't bad. You've had three human beings come out of your body! You can have a few teeth taken out! :)

I didn't know the Build-A-Bear parties would be that inexpensive! Fun! The cousins all got GCs from my aunt for Christmas and we're taking them all on Friday. That's like a party in and of itself! :)

Great deals! I am way behind on this week!

Anonymous said...

I think Build-a-Bear is a great idea for a party. Looks like all had fun! We are going there tomorrow to spend GC's the kids got for Christmas.

Thanks for the heads up on all the good deals! I may have to check some of those out.

Jen said...

Looks like a fun party! My daughter would love that. I also need to get my wisdom teeth out and I'm too scared. Maybe I'll do it after you do. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of Kiki's hair. That is great. What a fun party. Kiki had a blast and is crazy about her new "bear" friend. I'll be praying for you with the whole wisdom teeth situation. You'll do great!