Thursday, June 5, 2008

This is it!

I am spending the day getting all of my last minute stuff ready. Making sure I have everything in my carry on and making sure everything is in my suitcase that I will need. Making sure all of the kids have enough clothes for 12 days and packing their camp suitcases. Oh, and totally not believing that this time tomorrow I will be on an airplane for 14 straight hours flying to Korea and then to Manila. Crazy right? It's hard to believe that in 13 hours we will be at the airport checking in.

I have been on the verge of emotional all day. I had to email something to Jimi about Taylor and at the end I told her to make sure and give him lots of hugs for me next week...and I had to blink back the tears. Silly, but it is so hard knowing I will not be here to watch the bus pull away as he goes to his first Kids Kamp. I know he will have a blast but being thousands of miles away will be hard.

There are so many things I need to finish so I better get to it. I have a list of things for me specifically if you want to pray for them.

*safe travel
*my parents and Rob's parents as they watch the kids
*Austin and Taylor at Kids Kamp
*our luggage making it all the way
*good health while we are away
*that we will make an impact on the city
*that the Lord will work in our lives while we are gone

I am more than excited to be going. See you in two weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you guys!!

SPARKY said...

i know you probably won't be able to read this till you get back, but i wanted you to know that ry and i will try to get down to the church to see tay off! i can only imagine how you must be feeling. love you guys and we'll keep you in our prayers.