Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 10

June 15

Today is Sunday. We did the drama twice in the services and since we already heard the message Keith was preaching once at home and on Saturday night Alisha and I went to help in the nursery. When we walked in I spotted a wee one in the crib and immediately went and scooped him up. I rocked the little guy til he fell asleep and snuggled with him till service was over. During the second service I played with some girls that were a little older and they were precious too.


After church we were invited to the Lyon's house for the afternoon. The Lord has blessed them with a beautiful home. Because they live in a large city that has a lot of crime they have an eight foot wall around their house with razor wire on top of the wall. They also have a slew of dogs and bars and locks on every door and window. It feels a little like a compound but it keeps them safe. For the first time since we arrived in the Philippines we got a home cooked meal. Spaghetti, garlic bread and salad never tasted so good. Ever. I heard the angels singing when I took my first bite.
We spent a relaxing afternoon lounging at their house and the evening doing last minute shopping. Tomorrow we open the youth center. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a relaxing day and the food was delicious and I wanted to bring some of those babies home with me. They were so adorable. :)

Jen said...

The pool looks refreshing! You guys were working hard and deserved it. :)