Thursday, February 24, 2011

Love Day

These were Emily and Taylor's valentines this year. I loved them!

 We have traditions in our house that we stick to for certain holidays. Two of ours for Valentine's Day are heart shaped pizza and red drinks with whipped cream and sprinkles. I have been really watching what we eat(no more boxed, ready made stuff) so I made our pizzas. For Rob and I it was caramelized onion and prosciutto pizza. A little olive oil, salt and Parmesan on the crust, mozzarella, caramelized onion and prosciutto on top. Super yummy!
 For the kids it was pepperoni and olive. I didn't use pizza sauce, I used crushed tomatoes, olive oil and salt, turkey pepperoni, colby jack cheese and olives. And they devoured it.
 For the drinks we did 100% juice(apple raspberry) and heavy cream that I whipped. And salad of course.
I did do valentine peeps, which I will never do again cause they were hard and gross, and conversation hearts because what valentine's day is complete without conversation hearts?
It was a great evening spent with the loves of my life.

No comments: