Friday, September 14, 2012

my ears are ringing

tuesday emily and taylor had to go to the dermatologist to have a couple moles looked at.
taylor gets a once over and an all clear.
emily's keeps getting scratched and bleeds fairly often so he said he could take it off so it doesn't bother her anymore.
i gave the ok and that's when the fun began.
i'm not good at needles and that sort of fun stuff.
in sixth grade we were finding out our blood types for health class and i was the one that ended up laying down in the hall so i didn't pass out.
awesome.
so the assistant comes in to numb her up and i'm trying not to look.
she says the medicine stings and i am holding her hand trying to go to my happy place.
he finished and taylor made a comment about how cool it was and i made the mistake of looking.
he had injected her with something that made her skin expand so the spot they were removing stood up about an inch higher than the rest of her skin.
he went out and i was getting ready to sit down so i could get my head under control when emily starts crying because she's scared.
i am trying my best to comfort her all the while my ears are ringing, i am sweating and trying to figure out how the heck i am going to stay upright.
the doctor comes in and i'm getting worse so i say those eight words that forever haunt me.
"i feel like i'm going to pass out"
since i'm sitting on a rolling stool the assistant goes into action.
he's trying to keep emily's mind occupied with talk of finger nail polish and school while at the same time getting me a stationary chair, a wet paper towel and some air.
my girl is having a minor procedure done and i am bent over with my head between my knees, doing my best to comfort her with one hand reached up on her arm telling her things like "it's ok" and "i'm right here".
i was a lot of help.
the doctor removes the mole, gives her two stitches and she is good to go.
i sit up a little so he can give me after care instructions and tay says "you don't look so good. you're really pale".
thanks bud.
i don't feel so good.
all i can think is that i now have to drive these two across town to school.
the doctor was great and told me to stay as long as i needed to.
don't you worry, doc. i'm not going anywhere.
after about ten minutes i gained enough composure to check out, get to the car and vow never to go to another doctors appointment without my mom again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

A. I'm with you on this. I hate wiggly teeth so I highly doubt I would handle that very well.

B. Your mom is great! :)

Kimberly said...

That's hilarious, Jen! I'm sure Emily would rather have you than anyone else, even if it is a challenge. :)