Thursday, August 7, 2008

More Stuff

*we played a three hour game of train wreck at rob's parents the other night. i lost both games. matt won one but i think he's a cheater. ha! just kidding. he won fair and square. i guess.

*i am making a velvet cocoa cake with buttercream frosting for taylor's birthday. sounds yummy right?

*i think one of the worst on screen kisses is between ralph macchio and elisabeth shue in karate kid. we watched it the other day and i thought he was going to touch her toes with his tongue. seriously disgusting.

*i am almost done with taylor's quilt. it turned out really cute. i just have to sew on the letters and my mom and aunt are going to quilt it for me. i hope he likes it.

*i have been a crafting fool lately. i did some onesies and burp cloths for jen and finally put on the handles to the purse i made her 18 months ago. bad. i know.

*i am doing a love album from ali for renee and jeremy's wedding. i hope it turns out half as cute as hers.

*emily is in love with the mama mia cd. instead of strawberry shortcake she now wants to listen to that at bedtime. she belts out
"mamma mia
here i go again
my my
how can you reshishta"

the actual words are:
"mamma mia
here i go again
my my
how can i resist ya"

her and i were having an ABBA party last night when she was supposed to be going to bed. i would sing the verse of the songs and she would sing the chorus. we had so much fun.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That cake does sound delicious.
I've been wanting to do another quilt since it's been way too long since I've made one. I noticed last week that Garrett's comforter is falling apart. Maybe I should do them for the boys.
It does sound like you've been crafting a lot lately. Rumor has it there may be a couple people putting together a sewing bee in the near future if you're interested. :)

Matt said...

If you are not first... you are last, Jen.

jen k said...

Wow, girl...you are being so crafty!! Show us some pictures of your craftiness. That cake looks delish!! How'd it turn out?

SPARKY said...

that's cute. she's my kinda gal. i LOVE abba. can't wait to see the movie. you need to take me