Thursday, June 14, 2012

birthday weekend

i had such a great birthday this year!
the weekend began with a night out with some of my favorite girls. 
we enjoyed dinner and lots of laughter at flat bread pizza then skye, beth, steph, becca and myself headed south to kuna for some dancing at cowgirls.
it was so much fun that we closed the place down at 2 a.m.
i left with so many memories and a happy heart.

saturday evening i was invited to a 'my favorite things' party.
everyone that goes picks something that you love that is around five dollars and you bring five of them.
as people go around and share their item five names are drawn  and at the end of the night you go home with five different favorite things.
i ended up with a headband, knee socks, a starbucks gift card, stationary set and moroccan oil.
we also had swag bags that included earrings, hair ties and a notebook to right down where people got their favorite thing in case we wanted to go buy it.
it was such a fantastic idea and we had so much fun eating and talking about all the great stuff the girls brought.

sunday was my actual birthday. 
rob and emily woke me up with krispy kremes and my present...a new phone!!!
my first smart phone!
hallelujah!
i was so happy!
after service we had an all church picnic in the park and then celebrated theresa, pam and my birthdays at family dinner.
not sure why but we didn't take any pictures.
i was spoiled with gifts and lots of me time over the weekend and am so thankful for my family and friends that are so good to me.

No comments: