Monday, October 20, 2008

This and That

I watched an episode of the show that goes along with Spain...A Culinary Road Trip. It's on PBS and it was surprisingly funny, entertaining and informative all in one. Now if I could just remember what day and time it was on...

On the note of cooking I am a little annoyed that Rachel Ray's show isn't on anymore. I don't know if they took it off the air or just off channel nine. Either way I don't get to see it anymore. She is annoying to listen to but her recipes are great. I guess I will have to frequent her website more for recipes but it will never be the same.

Rob got all of us together yesterday for a hike in the foothills. It was a beautiful fall day and we actually had a good time once Taylor quit complaining about why we were just walking. I don't think he got the concept of walking without a destination. He eventually caught on and had a good afternoon. They have two huge trees at the start of the trail so on our way back the boys wanted to stop and climb them. Austin came prepared with his backpack full of ropes and caribiners. He was hanging from that tree like he knew what he was doing.

I won $25 to Shutterfly from Bloggy Giveaways. I think I may use it towards Christmas cards. Or a photo book.

BSU won on Friday. I never in my 30 something years would've thought that I would actually care about a football team. Strange, but I do. My dad must be so proud.

5 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

I am totally annoyed Rachel Ray is off the air too! I would come home every day for lunch and watch it. I'm like you, not to fond of her, but love her food. I was bummed when I flipped it on one day and found Martha Stewart instead.

So not cool!

Anonymous said...

I think RR just moved to another channel. I don't watch it so I can't tell you for sure but I remember my sister being bummed about it a few weeks ago. I'll ask her what time/channel it's on.

Kelly said...

Rachael Ray switched places with Martha. I was irritated too that she disappeared with no warning. I actually emailed channel 9 and asked what the deal was but not so surprisingly they didn't get back to me. Anyway, I eventually figured out she's on channel 2 at 11 now. :)

Erin Boyle said...

I am a Rachael Ray recipe fan also!
I didn't know her show isn't playing anymore!??
Also, Broncos football, so weird that in high school and college I didn't care at all for them, but now we follow the all the time!
My brother in law, Brad Lau played for them for several years. In fact he was playing for them when they won the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago. We were there. I was soooooo fun!

Jen said...

Wow, congrats on the giveaway. That's awesome!! Have fun spending it. :)