Monday, May 19, 2008

Bring on the heat





First and foremost I have to wish my handsome hubby a very
Happy Birthday.
The poor guy has to celebrate his 31st birthday all alone in Malaysia. He called and said when he got home from work the hotel staff had left a cake for him. That's what I call service. Hope you had a great day. Give yourself a hug and kiss from me.


We managed to pick the hottest day to do our yard sale. We had a lot of traffic and sold a bunch more stuff so it was worth it for me to haul it back out there for another two days.

Taylor finished up his soccer season by winning 9-3. And he scored a goal. A nice way to go out. He also came home with this little beauty.













His cheeks wrinkle when he smiles just like Rob's.











After wanting to run in the sprinklers all day the kids finally got to go to Rachel's and play. They have a big inflatable water slide that the kids played on for a while then they migrated to the trampoline with the hose.





















We had another drama practice after small groups. Keith, Rob, Chrisanna, and Kris were gone so I thought it was going to be just me leading the whole thing. Thankfully Keith had Melissa come in to help. Trying to tell actors what to do is hard work. I don't want them to think I'm mean so I didn't say everything I thought was wrong. I'll save that for Keith.

Austin and Taylor Fick went to the water park by themselves yesterday. They are getting so big. This is them leaving for their first year of kids camp. Four years ago. Where did the time go?
























After a long weekend all of my kids were in bed and asleep by 8:30 last night. The weekend couldn't have ended any better.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks fort the post. It was nice to see the pics of the kids. Wish I was there. Thank you also for the b-day wishes. This is exactly what I needed to get me through the rest of the week. Love you.

Rob

Jen said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe this warm weather we've had. Hope your week goes by quickly and your hubby is home soon!

Angela said...

Great pics! And a happy late birthday to Rob! Glad you had such a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are managing just fine without Rob (btw, Happy Bday Rob!) Congrats on the sucessful yard sale. Always makes it worth it. Hope the rest of your week goes by well while Rob is gone.