Monday, May 12, 2008

The toughest job you'll ever love

We had a really great weekend. Saturday morning we were up bright and early to put our stuff out for the yard sale. 5:45 rolled around much earlier than I wanted it to. We had traffic almost nonstop all day but still didn't sell the three big items I wanted to so we are putting them all out again next weekend since it's our community yard sale. My neighbors told me that there is a ton of traffic and we should be able to sell lots of stuff. I guess we will be going over the house again this week to pull out any last minute things. Rich and Steph stayed for a barbecue after the yard sale was over. Always love getting together with them.


Mother's day was a good one too. Rob got up early and went to Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts. While we were eating he gave me my present. A video ipod. Yeah! Now I can watch movies all the way to Manila. After a great church service we packed up and went to Swan Falls for the day. It was a little windy but we had a great time playing soccer, catch and walking around the dam.

















We came home and went to our home team barbecue. We were both tired and not in the mood to go but were glad we did once we got there. It was an evening of good food, good conversation and good friends. A great way to end the day.

A few random things

1-My glasses broke this morning. I was standing outside watching the boys walk to the bus stop and I heard a pop. I took them off and my ear piece had come apart from the rest of them. Granted I've had them for about 6 years but still. I was just standing there.



2-We are doing a drama when we are in the Philippines. We've done it before(right Megan?). Actually on two previous missions trips. Here is another church doing it. Of course we do it better but you get the idea :o) Chrisanna and I are money girls. I don't know how good of an actress I am. Guess we'll see after this trip is over.



3-May is way too busy. Rob leaves for Malaysia on Thursday. We have another yard sale Friday and Saturday. Taylor's last soccer game and party are Saturday. Rob's birthday is the 19th. Emily's last day of school picnic is on the 22nd. Rob comes home the 24th. We go to court on the 30th. Emily has her dance recital on the 31st and my cousin graduates the same night. That doesn't include appointments that we have, extra dance practices and other things here and there. Calgon take me away.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I LOVE that picture of you and Emily. You sure have a busy few weeks ahead of you and I know it's going to pour right on over into June. That stinks you have to do another yard sale. Hope those bigger items sell for you this time around!

Jen said...

Wow, you guys are busy. Our May has been the same way. I am looking forward to June!! :) Hope you sell the rest of your stuff at your yard sale!

Dionna said...

We were outside yesterday too. Yes - windy - but oh so nice to get out!
Maybe you should take pics of your things and put them on your blog --maybe someone will want them??
Hey - we are going to use those people you recommended to stretch our carpet on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes!

Angela said...

I love the pictures of you all, especially the one of you and Emily...really cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Money Mama! Life gets so crazy at times. Hope you're enjoying it all. Another yard sale, fun times. The extra money is always nice. Sounds like a great mother's day!

Meg said...

Wow! Lots to do hope you have lots of energy with all the things you need to get done. Praying for you as Rob is gone. Glad you had a great mother's day.

Anonymous said...

Great snapshots of your day! May does sound busy for you guys. Bring on the lazy days of summer! :)

SPARKY said...

i hope you're making it alright. thank goodness two of them are in school most of the day :O)
i'm glad you had such a nice mother's day. you deserve it